Municipal Social Services
The social services provided are comprehensive and for all residents of the municipality, with the main objective of promoting the greatest possible social welfare.
Who can receive healthcare?
By definition, all the people living in the municipality and in need of assistance can go to the Social Services, the following cases being given priority:
- Physical, mental or sensory disability.
- Family with integration difficulties resulting from mental illness and chronic diseases.
- Difficulties of social integration linked to precarious working conditions, unemployment and poverty.
- Needs related to homelessness.
- Vulnerability, risk or helplessness of the elderly, children and
- Violence in general and various forms of domestic violence.
- Discrimination on the basis of sex, place of origin, disability, disease, ethnic group, culture or religion or for any other reason.
- Difficulty of family or community integration arising from dependency and other addictions.
- Social isolation, exclusion and vulnerability.
- Problems of coexistence and social cohesion.
- Social emergencies.
Services and assistance are provided by a multidisciplinary team of professionals working in the following fields:
- Family counselling service
- Childhood and adolescence
- Elderly People
- Home Help and Remote Assistance Service
- Abuse care service
- Volunteer Work and Social Participation
What is offered?
The municipal social services provide care and assistance for:
- Detecting situations of risk and personal, family and community need in their territorial area.
- Assessing situations of need and carrying out a social diagnosis from an interdisciplinary perspective, which is done at the request of the individual, of the members of their family or social circle, or at the request of other departments of the public network of social services.
- Providing information, guidance and advice to individuals regarding the social rights and resources and the social actions to which they may have access.
- Drawing up a Community intervention plan to meet the needs identified and assessing it regularly.
- Undertaking preventive actions, social treatment and necessary interventions in situations of social need, and carrying out their assessment.
- Intervening in families in situations of social need, especially if there are children involved.
- Proposing and establishing an individual care programme in cases of dependency and the promotion of personal autonomy, except in those situations in which the person is permanently admitted to a centre of the public network. In the latter cases, the social work services at the centre of the public network will implement this programme.
- Reviewing the individual care programme for dependency and promotion of personal autonomy, when necessary.
- Encouraging and promoting community projects and transversal programmes, especially those that seek the integration and social participation of individuals, families, housing and groups at risk.
- Fostering the active participation of citizens through socio-educational strategies that promote solidarity and organized social cooperation.
- Providing home help services, tele-assistance and support to the family unit, in coordination with the home health services.
- Providing non-residential socio-educational intervention services for children and adolescents.
- Guiding access to specialized social services, especially childcare, technological and residential services.
- Promoting education, employment and social integration measures.
- The management of social emergency services.
- Implementing protocols for detection, prevention and care in the event of abuse in the most vulnerable groups.
- Managing the processing of the economic benefits of the municipal area and any other attributed to it.
- Coordinating with specialized social services, with professionals from other social welfare systems, with companies in the associative world and with those working in the area of social services.
Where to go?
Assistance at Santa Eulària des Riu: C/ Mariano Riquer Wallis, No. 4, 4th floor, Edificio Polivalente Municipal. Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Assistance at Sant Carles de Peralta: C / Oliveres de Peralta, s/n. Opening hours: Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Assistance at Santa Gertrudis de Fruitera: C/ Venda des Poble, s/n, Edificio Polivalente. Opening hours: alternate Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Assistance at Jesús: C / Avestruz, s / n, Edificio Polivalente, 07819 Jesús. Opening hours: alternate Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Assistance at Puig den Valls: C / Es Viver, s / n, Edificio del Centro Cultural. Opening hours: Monday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm